On this delirious morning as I peer over the steam of my coffee cup, I feel the need to share a few epiphanies with you...
1. Always check your blow up mattress before venturing out camping. Sleeping on a rock hard ground, peppered with gravel, sticks and stones does not make for a comfortable night sleep. Nor a very good back in the morning.
2. 10pm and midnight are not appropriate times for a 2 1/2 year old to finally go to sleep. Practise your best voice of persuasion BEFORE you go camping. And no matter how much they profess they don't need a sleep the next day, they are very very wrong!
3. Be sure to limit the amount of water you drink before bed, and during the night. A very full bladder coupled with two sleep deprived babies climbing all over you in the morning = pain.
4. Always pack with you a good sense of humour, loads of patience and an open mind when venturing away from home!
5. Be sure to step out of your comfort zone every once in a while. The precious memories will always outlive the pain.
I hope your weekend was a little more comfortable, but just as much fun as ours xx