Well look at that! A Country Wife has reached a very magical milestone - 100 gorgeous followers! Thank you so so much to everyone who joins me here each week to share in my life and love of the country. I can't believe how much my life has changed since joining the blogging world. Inspired by so many of you, my inner creativity has bloomed and I literally bounce out of bed each day (okay, well most days!). A Country Wife has been the start of so many special friendships and such an exciting future.
I thought as a little tribute to the number 100, I'd share some 'top 100' trivia with you.
- The most beautiful woman of all time is Audrey Hepburn, followed by Liv Tyler and Cate Blanchett. Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but you have no arguments from me.
- According to IMBd, the most handsome man in Hollywood is Jonathan Rhys Meyers, followed by Brad Pitt and Jude Law. No surprises then that Jude Law is welcome to park his slippers under my bed any time he likes!
- The number 1 box office film of all time is Avatar (2009), yet I won't mention that I'm actually still to see it *blush*! When adjusted for inflation, the top film of all time is Gone With the Wind (1939). Goes to show you can't beat the golden oldies.
- According to Rotten Tomatoes, Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever (2002) is the number 1 worst movie of all time. I guess it's just as well I've never heard of it!
- The most popular dog breed of all time is the Labrador Retriever. Oh absolutely, who can resist a cuddle with a big fluffy bear?
- The most popular girls name of all time is Mary, whilst the most popular boys name is James. Now doesn't that give new meaning to 'biblical proportions'?
- According to Forbes Magazine, the worlds richest person is Carlos Slim who boasts a mere $74 billion fortune. He trumps Mr Gates for the second year running, of whom has a lowly $56 billion to his name. So tell me, what on earth does one do with that sort of money?
- Perhaps they buy a few of these. At a recommend retail price of $1 700 000, the Bugatti Veyron is the worlds most expensive car.
- If you're looking for a career change, now is the time to become a software architect. It is the top ranking job in the US according to level of pay, growth prospects, stress levels, security, flexibility, satisfaction and benefit to society. And here I thought being a mum would have trumped the list!
- And finally, a top 100 list dedicated to... blogging of course! With an impressive daily traffic count of 820 000, or 24 million people a month, Digg is the most successful blog of all time. So what does it mean that I've never heard of it? Political ticker CNN and the The Huffington Post follow behind with 303 000 and 283 000 viewers each day. Blogging really is a technical revolution!
So while I doubt my life will ever reach a top 100 list, I'm just super chuffed that I've reached 100. I can't wait to see what the next 100 followers will bring xxx